Auto Auctions in Georgia
Salesmen can be hard to deal with when buying a car. If you are tired of visiting used car lots and haggling with salesmen, Georgia – Carolina Auto Auction may be the answer to your problem.
An auto auction runs like any other auction with an auctioneer, sellers, bidders, and a variety of items up for sale. You can visit our About Auctions page for more information.— An automobile auction can be fun, competitive, and exciting!
Auto auctions are experts at selling vehicles quickly and efficiently. Many Carolina automobile auction sites host regular auto auctions with buying opportunities on a monthly, weekly, or even daily basis. If you do not find what you want at the first car auction you attend, you can always return at a later date for a different selection of vehicles. Many of our auto auctions (especially our online auto auction) allow Internet bidding so you can purchase cars from the comfort of your own home.
Before attending an auto auction in person, there are some things you may want to consider.
Types of GA Auto Auctions
Make sure you are aware of what type of auto auction you will be attending. Not all auctions are open to the public and each type has a different atmosphere:
• Wholesale auto auctions are auctions limited to car dealers wanting to purchase cars being sold by other car dealers at the North Carolina auto auction.
• Rentals and leased vehicles are often for sale at the wholesale motor auction, as well as collector cars, trade-ins, and more.
• Online auto auctions – Internet automotive auctions are similar to other types of motor auctions where sellers list vehicles online. All car bidding takes place from an online auto auction website (like eBay Motors). The buyers are contractually obligated to follow through on their purchases, if they are the highest bidder. Buyers and sellers can often arrange shipment or delivery details through the auto auction website.
• Salvage auto auctions – These are known as insurance auto auctions, and they sell vehicles that are damaged or in bad condition. Such auctions are not open to the general public, but experienced professionals with knowledge of car repairs can bid at a salvage automobile auction in Georgia.
• Government automobile auctions – Government auctions offer government-owned cars, trucks, SUVs, and vans to the general public. These auctions feature cars that were seized by the government or are retired government fleet vehicles.
• Public auto auctions – A public motor auction in the Carolinas is open to general public bidding.
Auto Auction Tips
Going to an auto auction can be a fun way to buy a car. Follow these tips to be prepared before attending a motor auction.
• Look at the Catalog (either at the automobile auction site or online) to decide on which vehicles you may want to bid. Determine your maximum bid and consult the blue book value for the car that interests you. This will help you not to overbid or underbid on the price. Know the auto auction rules. There may be different terms and conditions of each auto auction location you attend. Make sure to find out if the auto auction site charges a buyer’s premium. This is a fee that could make a difference in how much you’re willing to bid. Check what forms of payment are allowed at the Georgia auto auction. Not every auction accepts credit as a method of payment.
• Find out the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) from the seller and run a thorough Vehicle History Report to make sure you aren’t getting a lemon. If something looks suspicious, then you might want to reconsider another car for sale.
• Arriving early to the GA motor auction site and inspect the vehicle(s). If you notice damaged rims, flood damage, a rebuilt title, uneven tire wear, or excessive damage to the car, you may not want to make a purchase. Don’t get caught up in a bidding war and pay more than you planned on spending. Decide before attending the car auction that getting a good deal on the price is better than winning a bidding war.
From Maine to Georgia to rainy Oregon, auto auction sites are everywhere! Don’t wait any longer!